Our Costs: Getting Help With Funeral Costs

Help When You Need It Most

Financial Advice

The loss of a loved one can be a huge strain, for some this strain is made harder if your finances are linked, you may have to apply for probate of your loved ones estate and this could incur inheritance tax, have an impact on pensions or other benefits you may be in receipt of.

With this in mind it is crucial that you seek the correct advice, your local Department of Social Security (Jobcentre Plus) will be able to help and assist you with any benefit or pension related queries, it may be appropriate to seek legal advice as soon as you feel you are able to, free legal advice can be found at The Citizens Advice Bureau or it may be appropriate to engage with a legal professional such as your solicitor.

If you lose someone who has previously served in our Armed Forces, or you are ex-Forces and have lost someone, then SSAFA is committed to giving you support.

Kidderminster Jobcentre Plus / Department for Work and Pensions
12 Lower Mill Street
United Kingdom
DY11 6TT – Map Link

Telephone: 0845 604 3719

Wyre Forest Citizens Advice Bureau
Kidderminster Bureau – Map Link
Advice Line: 03 444 111 444
E-Mail: info@wyreforestcab.cabnet.org.uk

Local SSAFA Branch
Pheasant Street, Worcester – Map Link
Email: worcestershire@ssafa.org.uk
Main Phone: 01905 21728

Bereavement Support

There are bereavement benefits available to the partner of the deceased. To apply for Bereavement Benefit Support, you will need to fill in a BSP1 form available from the government website – www.gov.uk/government/publications/bereavement-support-payment-claim-form

More information is available on the government website by clicking on this link: https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-support-payment

All support is subject to meeting specific criteria, please call for more information.

Bereavement Service helpline

Telephone: 0800 731 0469
Welsh language: 0800 731 0453
Textphone: 0800 731 0464
Welsh language: 0800 731 0456